Monday, September 15, 2008

Gratitude for Food and Sleep


These are two BIGGIES for me. Yeah, big fan of food, really big fan of sleep. I'll be honest with you, I can sleep my ass off. And that is exactly what I did last night. In fact, I went to bed so early and slept so hard that I neglected my daily entry last night. I woke up this morning and was like, "Oh, shit!!!" And I had lots to be grateful for too. I feel that way everyday. Even on not so terrific days, and I really believe it is the mindfulness about gratitude that keeps me in that mind set. Gratitude begets happiness, of this I am convinced.

So, if you are feeling tired, and you probably are, as people around the world in general, and Americans possibly more then anyone, are becoming more and more sleep deprived. If you feel like you can't FEEL your life anymore; that you are walking in a dim, hazy fog all the time, start getting more sleep and your "gratitude meter" will sky rocket. Get 8 hours at night, and if you can possibly incorporate a nap, even a few a week, just do it.

My motto is, "Do less, feel your life more." I would also say, "Sleep more, feel more."

And then there is food...in praise of food, I love this guy, Vitaly Geyman's, idea.
Putting gratitude labels on your food for a few minutes before you eat it. It brings a little mindfulness to the meal you are about to eat...and I think it may be art (at least the way this guy does it - he's a professional photographer- be sure to check out the rest of his site here.) Really beautiful stuff.

So, slap a sticker on an onion, and get some sleep people, ....zzzzz...I'll see you in the morning.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: