Friday, September 5, 2008

Walking in the Woods

Day 41/365 : Hidden wondersImage by ~jjjohn~ via Flickr This morning, as I was walking through the woods, I was filled with such gratitude for Mother Nature and all her offerings. The air was cool and a breeze stirred my skin as it shuffled the leaves above. I stopped on the iron bridge that lies about half-way along my regular walking path. There was the most amazing convergence of sound: the running of water over smooth stones, birds, some sort of cricket-like chirping, the occasional tussle of a couple of squirrels up above me. The morning light was sparkling like amber jewels in the water. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I stood there in awe and gratitude for the day and this beautiful world, and the sacred life of each small thing.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: