Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Seize This Moment for Change

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.

- Andy Warhol

It's easy to fall into the trap of waiting for change. Waiting for things to get better, waiting for someone or something to make us happier, thinner, richer, more positive...insert your *wish* here ______.

But the truth is if you want something to change you've got to change it yourself.

This is good news because THAT is an empowering thought and as you all know, 
"you are what you think."
The other good news is that it starts NOW in this present moment because that is all there really is. 

So, whatever it is you want to change forget "seize the day" and seize this very moment my friends. 
Be that change NOW!


Sat Nam 
( Kundalini yoga mantra meaning "Truth is my Identity"...and it's yours too by the way:-)

2 comments:

~ Hermelynda ~
Walking with Wisdom Leading My Steps
said...

Yes indeed. This is such valuable words to share with a child. It was 4-5 years ago that I learned and embodied such a lesson; to make change happen instead of waiting and hoping and wishing for it.

There is such a valuable quote I've put to practice in life.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

I've come to realize that it can be applied like so:

Be the change you want to see in
--- your home
--- in your relationships
--- in your work environment

When you give and set an example of positive change, it should come back to you. If it is not well received, then your good efforts are more valuable somewhere and with someone else.

I appreciate your post. Thank you for adding that extra faith being the person to make a change. <3

nowy said...

Very true I have experienced this in my life.